its amazing that i feel like ive just gotten here and we are almost done with our third week. we've talked about what we all want to do during next month. most people said that they wanted to teach in the schools, and others said other random jobs, but i think i was the only one that wanted to work with a pastor in a church. I'm pretty excited about getting to do that because up until now we have only been visiting different churches around here, and we haven't really plugged into one for more than a day.
my gecko has eaten two flies now! its pretty great to watch him strike, adjust and begin swallowing. pretty incredible.
tomorrow is supposed to be painting again. anyway, ill post more later.
Hi Corey!
ReplyDeleteMom and I took a road trip Sunday to visit the church wher my old friend Mike is the pastor. It is a small stone church on the road to Wintergreen, only about 4 miles from there. There were about thirty people there including us and two other visiting couples.
We spent the afternoon visiting with them over lunch and shopping at the local craft show that happened to be there that day.
Their son (also Corey) is in siminary in the midwest and wants be a professor there. Do you remember going to his wedding the first Summer we came to VA? Their Daughter, Carey, is married and lives in Lynchburg.
They are having a Wii and Ping-Pong tournament at Church Tomorrow night to raise money for the Arizone trip.
Have you picked up much new Spanish yet?
I think you will make an excellent assistant for a pastor next month.
I love you, Dad.
Hi Corey,
ReplyDeleteHow are you? It sounds like you had a really good day hiking in the mountains. I wish we had sent you with hiking boots!! I'm sad I won't get to see your gecko! Take lots of pictures of it. I'm so exicited for you that you are going to be working with a pastor. What a great experience!
Did you guys feel any movement from the earthquake in Honduras? It happened on Thursday and they said people as far away as Guatemeala might have felt it.
Only 2 more weeks of school!!
I love you and think about you a lot. I'm praying for you and your friends every day.
We miss you!
Take care,
Love,
Mom
Hey Corey! It's great to read your blogs and sounds like you're doing really well! How cool you have a pet gecko now! Remember to drink lots of water while you're there and take lots of awesome pictures! I can't wait to hear more about your trip as God continues revealing Himself to all of you and expands His kingdom through your efforts. I'm praying for you - strength for each day, for your team to stay healthy, and for God to use you to bring Him glory! I'll write more later!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Emily Byrd :)