Saturday, June 6, 2009

done!

well, i just finished my final exam, and then i walked up the stairs (for real though, they are like mayan temple stairs and you almost die every time you go up them). now i feel really good. the test was not as bad seeming as the first one, so i hope my grade gets a boost because of that!
the rest of today is for relaxing... and tomorrow we are going out evangelizing in a town where there is a new little church. On monday we are going to antigua, which is supposed to be really neat. it is more of an historic/touristy town, so hopefully it'll be fun. tuesday is the big day! we will be finding out where and who we are going to be with for the next month, which is pretty scary and exciting at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Corey,
    I'm so glad your test is over and you think you did well. I bet you are relieved and can really enjoy yourself now. I will be praying for you this week as you meet your new family and get to know them! This will be the real test!! How exciting.
    We have had lots of excitement lately. The night I told you it was storming here, Cosmo and I were home alone and there was a loud clash of thunder over the house and it sounded so close that I screamed! After it was over, I looked around to see if anything was on fire because it seemed like it must have hit the house. I smelled something, but couldn't see damage. For several days after that we didn't have phone service. We kept calling and finally the guy came out on Sat. Daddy and the man discovered a place in the storage room where the lightning had burned up a wire that went up the wall and connected to the sprinkler system that we never use(the wall is all black and the wire had burst open) and the heat must have traveled into the phone wire which was right next to it! Thank goodness that is all that was damaged. We have phone service now, but 2 of the phones were so damaged we can't use them anymore.
    Friday night was the band banquet. I helped organize it, so was there from 3-10. It went fine. Glad that is over!
    Today was youth led Sunday, so we went to the 10:00 service. Lots of people were graduating. We saw Sarah Booth before she leaves tomorrow and Whit and Sydni.
    This is our last week of school. Yea!!!!
    Daddy has more news, I'll tell him to write you. I'm keeping Papa and Granny updated with copies of your Blog. I also gave the link to Peggy and Ricky and Barbara and the cousins!
    We love you and are so proud of you and so excited for all the people you are spreading the good news to!!
    Love you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corey,

    Mom said I have news for you. It is another car. I ran accross this 2002 Dodge Neon that has really low mileage and seem to be in good shape. I think it will be a lot better on gas than my car so I will drive it to work most days and let Mom take my car. I hope this works out because I picked it up on Friday and today (Mon) the check engine light came on. I'll take it in to be checked out probably Wed or Thursday.
    I bet you all had a great day today and are excited for tomorrow. Let us know as soon as you can what you are doing.
    I did get a sneek peek today at the results of the AMBA Scholorship and you will be getting $500.00 again this year!
    We will see you in 4 weeks from yesterday.
    Hey, what is up with an extra week at home before school?

    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete